COVID-19 presents both immediate and longer-term challenges to organizations attempting to make their workplaces accessible and safer to their employees and visitors.
These access challenges will continue to evolve as information on COVID-19, regulations and public expectations progress in the weeks and months ahead.
In response, Securitas has developed and is now deploying an extensive knowledge base of best practices for COVID-19 access control screening. These practices are based on Securitas’ COVID-19 specific experiences, across dozens of diverse industries and thousands of clients, including numerous Fortune 500 health care, manufacturing, consumer products and technology firms.
The Securitas COVID-19 knowledge library is comprised of information collected from our broad network of field managers and more than 90,000 well-trained security officers who have been on the front lines since day one of the crisis. Our leaders and field teams rely on and continually contribute to, this dynamic, ever-evolving library of COVID-19 screening practices and protocols.
The access control screening solutions Securitas is providing currently include:
- Consultation on screening layout configurations
- Expertise and guidance on the implementation of screening questionnaires, distancing protocols, and temperature screening
- Management of employee/guest entry and foot traffic, with an emphasis on social distancing enforcement, within critical areas such as entryways, lobbies, turnstiles and elevators
- Guidance on the use of plexiglass partitions, sanitizing stations and signage
- PPE provisioning to employees and guests entering facilities, including proper disposal of used PPE
- Recommendations on various available screening tools, including handheld no-contact thermometers, portable and fixed thermal screening cameras, and other relevant technologies
- Guidance on screening to ensure compliance with privacy laws and other legal considerations
- Officer training specific to required screening protocols and critical health and safety practices, and advanced applications specific to vertical markets
More broadly, Securitas continues to offer Mobile and Remote Guarding services which can limit on-site presence to instances where it is truly necessary, while still delivering highly effective security. Where On-site Guarding is necessary, Securitas is working to ensure that officers have the safest possible working conditions and that our organization is ensuring continuity through COVID-19.
Dynamic best practices and protocols. Specialty-trained officers. Site-specific expertise. Securitas is deeply and uniquely positioned to address your COVID-19 access control screening needs now. If you think Securitas can assist you, we would welcome the opportunity to talk and explore measures that will make your workplace safer. Contact us today.